In this episode, we sit down with Gary Brown, Edge AI Marketing Leader & Technology Evangelist at Intel, the world's largest semiconductor chip manufacturer.
We explore how deploying at the edge may be challenging but achievable, and how it's a growing need in today’s world. With his decades of knowledge in edge computing, Gary takes us through how AI fits into edge computing and the considerations of AI on the edge.
Key talking points include:
- What edge computing is and how it’s being used in real-world applications.
- Where AI fits into edge computing and considerations of AI on the edge.
- The components of edge and demystifying chipset acronyms.
- The considerations for deploying software on the edge.
- The challenges of deploying at the edge and the future opportunities, plus advice for those who want to start their journey.
A little bit about the guest
Gary Brown has more than 20 years of experience in leading applications engineering and technical marketing teams in fields like vision, imaging, and audio. He was the VP of Marketing at Movidius, where he led the product launch of their vision processor and first-gen vision and AI inference chip.
He’s now at Intel, leading their product marketing for the video analytics segment, the product launches of Intel vision accelerator cards, Intel Movidius VPUs, Intel’s Neural Compute Stick, and more.
Join our AI Slack channel of more than 3,000 enthusiasts and experts. Take advantage of our range of channels that let you know everything from upcoming events to fantastic job opportunities.
Or maybe you’d like to star on the podcast?
Then just get in touch here firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch more episodes of AI Bytes Podcast: Where AI Meets Business.